When We Are Closed
For emergencies that cannot wait until the next surgery, please telephone 111 when you will be put through to the out-of-hours service who are able to book directly into the surgery rota's.
The out-of-hours service will contact the most appropriate healthcare professional who will call you back to discuss your problem and, after taking a full history, will either:
- Give advice over the phone;
- Book an appointment with the surgery or with A & E
- Ask to assess the patient at one of the DHU out of hours bases;
- Visit the patient at home;
- Admit the patient directly to hospital via 999 ambulance
The out-of-hours service is provided by Derbyshire Health United and any queries, comments or complaints should be directed to them.
There are also some local 'walk-in centres' available to provide urgent health care. Details can be found here
We close at 1.30pm for training purposes generally one Wednesday afternoon each month. The dates are posted in the waiting room and on the front door.
For life-threatening emergencies such as:
- Severe bleeding;
- Collapse or unconsciousness;
- Severe chest pains;
- Suspected stroke
…telephone 999 for an ambulance IMMEDIATELY.